Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Fear of the Unknown (#89)

Ignorance is not bliss. I used to think it was because I was afraid my point of view would change. I wanted my point of view to stay the same because selfishness was my principal driving force. I wanted what I wanted and I would lie, cheat or steal to get and keep it. I was afraid of change, that I would have to give up control or have it taken away and be left with nothing. That was then, this is now. I embrace knowledge and have discarded selfishness as my driving force. Ignorance is ignorance, bliss is bliss and I attain either by practicing the principles of either's meaning. Knowledge has unleashed within me a vehicle to understand my societal, ethical, moral, judicial and environmental place and their resposibilities within existence. This vehicle is accumulating ever increasing amounts of information that make it difficult for me to ever feel comfortable about any current point of view. Some things are static however and learning, being mindful of doing right things and especially being aware of others and how I can be a positive in their lives, remain as constants in my life. Today I absolutely appreciate the wonder of the unknown and look toward its enlightening lessons.

No comments: