Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Vision toward the Future (#64)

It is imperative and natural for each individual to have a sense of how or what the future should be or look like. The importance of future thinking helps shape the how, what, why, where, when and who in our present lives. My thinking on this is that I have a generalized vision of the future and my present motivations and actions are guided by it. My purpose, in being alive, is to help bring about an existence that I would be proud to present to the universe as worthy to the good and great principles of the human experiment. Thinking of the many positive human traits, even other positive traits expressed in the animal kingdom, gives me a starting point. Mixed in is the enduring curious nature of ours that highlights our boldness and courage to face the unknown with determination, enthusiasm and marvel. I see myself as just another link in a chain of humanity stretching toward the future with no end in sight. It is this simple conceptual vision that drives me to continually work toward the betterment and best that life could offer to our beloved species and all that we hold dear.

No comments: