Sunday, August 16, 2009

Building my confidence (#198)

I find myself in positions of authority lately and I wonder to myself if I am capable of being proficient at them. It seems to me that life experience is worth a lot when determining my particular qualifications. I sense that I don't see myself with the same respect others do since they keep asking me to take on more responsibilities. I must just do the best I can whenever I can and then let time tell if I am capable or not. Having confidence has always been a detriment to me since I know that I am not nearly perfect and I thought other people were. I have since discovered that we are all about the same and most of us struggle with having the confidence to feel like we are continually capable. So I have lately been working on the assumption that there is no challenge out there that I can't accept as long as I give the respect to the challenge it demands. Everyday I am becoming more of the man who I hope to eventually represent. This struggle to build my confidence is just another step in that process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAAAA+++++++ You are doing fine Carl.

God bless,
Pammy