Sunday, August 23, 2009

The preciousness of time (#205)

I was sitting here in my chair at the computer wondering what I was going to blog about today. Then the thought that this being Sunday and my one day off, I am fortunate that I have time to reflect and meditate on the present as it happens in my life. Doing this blog is a ritual that has allowed me to stop my continuous thinking and acting patterns and to focus on the now. It seems that the pre-blogging period is a real asset in my life. I thought immediately that the whole day of Sunday is still ahead of me and I am free to spend my day anyway I feel comfortable doing. Like finish this blog posting then take another in a long series of naps today. lol. The peacefulness of early morning is amazing. I have most of my chores for the day done and I can just be the silly boy I am inside for a few moments and daydream about my life and how it is playing out. I really have control over how I live my life today and that is the key to me being happy and assured in my present and future. I know that the rest of the world is going through unimaginable heartache and pain, but I cannot control that. I can only improve my life and hope to help in some way others to improve their lives as well. Every moment spent on this Earth is a gift of boundless preciousness and the time we use to count it is invaluable. I love who I am today and wish everyone could feel the tremendous anticipation that the present and the future will bring to me.

No comments: