Sunday, August 2, 2009

Letting go of the past (#184)

I meet with like-minded people often so that we can share our experiences, strength and hopes with each other. I love this group I am a part of and continue to have things shown to me that lift my mind and spirit. Today was a day for remembering something from my past that I am going to have an opportunity to put action toward. Most all of my life this particular resentment has been at the back of my mind and it is time that I let it go. I will be making a visit to a grave site when I travel to New Mexico later this month. I need to have a conversation with someone who died over 45 years ago. This man was my biological father. He left my mother and four young boys behind when he chose to end his life. His troubles may have been over but he left us with a handful of troubles to deal with because of his actions. After all this time I can finally put to rest the animosity I have buried deep inside me. It's okay today to let the past go because my present and my future is all I wish to experience. My mother and brothers and I have all moved on and become who we are despite the shortcomings we started out with. My heart today is so full of forgiveness that I would be wrong not to find some love for my deceased biological father. (Careful what you wish for because you might just get it) has been going through my mind all morning and I feel like that what I wish for today are things I truly hope will happen for me. Letting go of the past will help me find my way to a present and future worthy of my living in.

No comments: