Monday, August 24, 2009

Trust my gut (#206)

Does love exist? I am here to tell you that in my life it does. Where I feel love is in my gut. I can hardly believe that I am writing on this subject because I never understood before how love feels. The love I felt previously when I had been in relationships was based on attraction and fear. Yes fear. I did not want to lose control or do something to change my comfortable position within a relationship. Fear of losing the relationship became the higher priority once the attraction began to get old. Welcome to what my life was like in the past. Not very appealing. Today, I know that being in a relationship out of attraction and fear will not be enough, duh. I have had the privilege to experience the true meaning of love when I got to feel love in my gut. The kind of love that turns me into jelly when I am around her. I am a hardened man who is ready to defend against any injustice I confront. I am also a man who is mystically transformed into a firm believer of true love. I can't remember how long it has been since I have felt so childish and tongue-twisted when I am in the presence of this one woman. My heart wants to jump through my chest, my ears get hot and worst of all my brain refuses to function. Okay, this is the not so exciting part, but what is exciting is the feeling in my gut that is all joy, happiness, warmth, contentment and love. I know what love is today and I trust my gut when it tells me so.

No comments: