Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stubborn is me (#286)

It seems that the determination I reflect back to others has it's origins within me from the act of being stubborn. I don't presume to equate my stubborn beginnings with being obstinate or closed-minded, I rather infer that the stubborn ability I present parallel my quest to not give up or in to the lessening of human choices to experience and flourish in existence. The subjective aspect of the meaning given to being stubborn has no place in my discussion of the parts of my life that make me, me. Being stubborn has kept my striving to be a better person in focus. The better way to describe my stubbornness is in the following statement; I am stubborn but not to a fault. Relentless is another descriptive word to describe my inner motivational fire. However, relentless is not fully a descriptive enough word to match the ideal of my being stubborn. Relentless doesn't allow for the flushing out of argument in it's application, whereas being stubborn denotes an occasional reflection on other possibilities. I should also say that being stubborn and on one track of thinking to the exclusion of all others is not what I am implying. I will stubbornly begin a train of thought or course of action and have the ability to deviate from a single path. The lesson I have always firmly held as a conviction is that I am constantly learning and rationalizing new concepts. Not to allow for change within my thinking would be absurd and counter-productive. The action of my stubbornness helps me to continue on an enlightened course and gives me room to upgrade the clarity with which I am following.

No comments: