Monday, November 16, 2009

Inspiration (#290)

Inspiration is out there everywhere for me to acknowledge. It is in the personal lives that I come into contact with, it is in the news reports I see and hear, it is in nature and it is in expressions of artistic creations that exemplify the human spirit. I could describe many examples of inspiration but I choose to define the term, inspiration, itself. Inspiration for me is an emotional event. I am captivated by it's effect upon me. Inspiration, when it strikes me, is a catalyst for a call to action for me. Whether I act on the inspiration is always curious with me. Sometimes my inspired moments need reflection to determine whether they are appropriate. I must always weigh the effect an inspired moment has on not only myself but on others it effects as well. Most often however when inspiration enlightens me I am most humbled and grateful for it's appearance. The reason I feel that inspiration comes to me is that I am open to learning and curious about what I don't know; what I don't know is considerable by the way. It is this blank canvas in my mind that allows for shapes to form and understanding to develop. Inspiration gives me opportunities yet unrealized. Inspiration, for me, is like hope in many ways. It offers the concept of new and fresh, it offers change from the now toward the future now. Inspiration makes my life a joy to be in. It will always be my wish to be inspired by any and all manners that propel me and create a new and better life for all of us.

No comments: