Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Defining my principles (#445)

I am glad that I am such an advocate for living with principles. It is also important to define what I mean by principles. Off the top of my head I can list some like; honesty, virtue, being noble, sacrifice, compassion, justice. There are many more to add to this small list but you can see what I mean when I talk about principles for living. I also know now when I am deviating from the better and best principles have to offer. I feel a guilt, a sense of wrongness that is evident to me regardless of how strongly I may try to ignore. It is in the sensing that I have to stop and reevaluate what I am doing and look at it from other angles other than what I am trying to accomplish. I am not in a hurry anymore to plow through life on some crazy mission to achieve my greatest hope, which by the way is for everything to be right. lol. I am funny that way at times, as if I can control everything and make everything right. I still wish to make everything right but that is my wish not my reality. I can only do what is possible in all the circumstances that come at me. I know this now. What I am trying to do today is have the best outcome happen where I can at every opportunity. That in itself is a lofty ambition but at least one I can give my best to. I love my life today. It is full of hope and optimism. Knowing what principles are and what they mean is how I am living today and hopefully applying them at every instance.

No comments: