Saturday, April 10, 2010

Time is short (#435)

Here today gone tomorrow. I am feeling this statement in my bones this morning. lol. When did I get so old? I know I am not that old yet but it feels like it. The gradual diminishing of vigor and flexibility is evident. The eyesight getting less clear, the hearing is still sound but not as keen as at my peak. The wear and tear on my skin reminds me to take particular time when in a hurry. I am not able to dance around obstacles with grace anymore. I must be deliberate and focused when agility is an option. My mind is sharp but it is still not as disciplined as I would have it. That taken in total is a stark reminder that I am diminishing in physical prowess. My internal functions seem to be operating sufficiently but not knowing any diagnosis of myself due to lack of screening is of little comfort. Almost like the Ostrich with his head in the sand to avoid danger. Certainly I have no obvious indicators telling me something needs attention, however the adage of " an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" isn't an option for me until I can actually have some complete type physical examination. My life is wonderful and I am growing older with a pleasure in knowing that I have survived my youth and all that my youth endangered me with. Time is short in the big picture of time and I know that everything I do from now on will have to measure up to what I hope to achieve in the time I have left. Good luck to me and to you all as well.

No comments: