Saturday, April 24, 2010

It is okay to admit I do not know (#449)

This one is nefarious. It is so difficult to admit that I do not know something when I am asked something important. Almost always my first reaction had been some kind of response that I had to later justify or deny. I rarely considered the option of saying that I did not know. It was what my ego wanted not what my truth wanted. My truth now is my guideline and through that I can now say I do not know with a clear conviction and accept whatever response follows my statement. It is as if the mask of not letting anyone see my inadequacies is replaced with the truth of my inadequacies. I have said this before and I will say it again right now; I don't care what you think of me. There is nothing I can do about what you think. The only thing I care about is what I think about you. That is where I have most all control. I get to apply you to the same principles I apply to myself. I am most benevolent as well and give most everyone wide leeway before I have to make any kind of decision to remove them from my large circle of acquaintances. You really have to be way outside the bounds of normalcy to trigger my decision to move away from your acquaintance. Knowing where my reality is and who I am is the key to being me now. I like myself today and really enjoy the myriad positive personalities I have around me. I am really okay with not knowing things today, although I try to learn the things brought to my attention that I do not know. I love to keep learning.

No comments: