Thursday, April 1, 2010

Patience in considering (#426)

There is doing the right thing and doing the wrong thing, but also doing nothing. Sometimes taking a pause from doing anything until thinking clearly and completely is appropriate. Taking no action at all when some form of action is called for is not what I am talking about. When doing something is upon me I must act. I am hopeful that what I do is an accumulation of the wisdom I need to make the right move. I am most certain though that I will occasionally fall short. My intent however is always to do the right thing. Sometimes though my wisdom is not enough to make me move in any direction until I have spent more time considering options. I have a duty to my fellow life forms to give the best of myself in any action I take that involves more than just me. I also have a duty to be involved when I am involved, whether directly or indirectly. My actions will be weighed by the wisdom I express and the respect I have for the value and justice of the circumstance. I have no right to exclude myself based on indifference when action is called for whether I like either or any possibility. I need to be counted on to have an open mind about whatever is happening in existence while I am a part of existence. I am obligated by the right of my birth and the right to exist to be a voice or action that sustains whatever I have to bring as a solution.

No comments: