Thursday, June 10, 2010

Obsessive behavior (#496)

Obsessive behaviour is a general term I use to describe my willingness to write this blog post everyday until I am not able. I do not mean to imply that I have a clinical disorder, I mean to imply that I am motivated to a process of continuity, simply for the creation and pleasure of a writing habit. In that sense I could have defined myself as being driven to accomplish a goal. I could have but I didn't because I am obsessed with the idea of creating order within my life and doing a daily blog post is helping me to realize that I can be consistent in how I live my life. It is my evidence that I do try to make myself into a better human being. It is not always easy to have a different subject matter ready to discuss after so many days but somehow, intuitively, something of significance usually finds it's way onto my page. The genesis of my blog was to start establishing a pattern of writing in order to eventually write a novel or book of something worthy of being published. It is still the impetus behind my daily blog. However the blog has become an old friend and giving it up is not ever anything I consider. I still do plan to write a manuscript eventually about something and the obsessive nature I display toward my blog will help me in not only spending time to write, but in how I type and in my better command of relaying sentences that read easily and understandably. The evidence of this is the comprehensive growth in my blog that has taken place since it first began.

No comments: