Friday, June 25, 2010

The patience of faith (#511)

It is one thing to say I have faith about something it is another thing to actually practice that faith. Practicing faith is what I am experiencing. To hold to something and hope for it's eventual fruition is work requiring patience. I have never given much thought to how to have faith, I just supposed that it would happen or not within some short time frame. Well, I have since learned that having faith for something to happen may take my entire life to happen. It is in patience that I find the reward and satisfaction of giving my faith a form. I am not a person who can command his emotions to be what they should properly be at all times. Through patience, I have found a way to gather my emotions under a general control that reminds me to stay focused on what I can do and not on what I want to happen. Being patient is a work in progress for me but I am remembering to practice it even as an involuntary action. What an amazing gift patience is. For me to be patient without even thinking about it is an amazing growth story about me. It could be that maturity is finally settling in into my life, I don't know. What I do know is that patience allows me to have long-lasting faith where before my faith was shallow. My life has a sense of completeness to it now and as I continue to work on the best things that life has to offer and make myself available to them, then regrets will be few indeed.

No comments: