Thursday, July 22, 2010

Good versus Bad (#538)

I feel this more each day. Like it is pressing in on all of us and we all need to make a stand. All of us must be accountable on this subject. What does this mean? Within each of us there is a sense of what good is. It takes many forms but the telltale sign is usually a smile or a feeling of accomplishment that is well satisfying. For me the most obvious sign is that I have sacrificed something from myself toward someone who had or has greater needs. A reaching out of the hand to others even when to do so goes against everything I may believe. I am determined to include everyone in existence who has the slightest shred of hope to becoming a better "good" person. Our time is now to decide the future of our society and how we wish the rest of humanity to see what we stand for. My overall point is two-fold, one is to decide which concept, good or bad, will be our destiny and second, there is no more free-ride as to taking a stand. We need to show our cards, as it were. My conviction tells me that most all of us are decent and want it reciprocated. We seem to equate the biblical axiom of "Treat others as you wish to be treated by others", as a valid guide. It is now just a matter of declaring our intent to do just this. I know that what I write here seems so "Pollyanna-ish" however there really is no other way to get to the heart of the matter than to just declare it in the most simplified form. Knowing what we need to do is one thing, putting that which we know into action is where we must begin and never stop.

No comments: