Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My word is my bond (#529)

This has not always been so. Today it is however. Why? I find that I appreciate being told something and having it followed through on. So it follows that I should do the same. But it is bigger than that. I have moved on from the thought the Universe is just a chaotic event. That the rules we try to live by are not just some gimmick to keep us all in order. I have come to know about myself and what is important in this life outside myself. In other words I have stopped being selfish. I am not just some animal scratching and clawing for anything and everything I can get a hold of. I see myself as a guardian and sentinel toward protecting the concepts of reason and intelligence. I know how precarious life can be, whether through or own ability to annihilate our species or some cataclysmic natural event. There is nothing like us in the known Universe. We are wholly unique and of value. I choose to represent the human species as best I am able. I have found a noble purpose with which to apply myself. We are greater than the boundaries of our skin. We should and must be held to a higher level of scrutiny than any other living species. It is our heritage and station in existence. I had not always understood this. But through observation and humility I have come to know that I have a duty to myself and to what I realize to be significant and important. Such as attempting to represent what is the best of what humankind can and should be.

No comments: