Sunday, July 18, 2010

We should lead with our honor (#534)

I find that when I commit to being honorable as an action of the first resort, all things follow upon that lead. It has been somewhat of an eye opener. I also find that I do not weary defending that which I hold as high principle. It is as if I was created with the unlimited energy to stand against that which would detract from honorable intentions. This is some of the evidence I know from myself that helps me define why I think our natures are compassion and curiosity. The negative natures of greed, lust, gluttony etc... have not the fulfillment and or the sublime contentment that defending honor arouses in me. I have come to the conclusion that living a life that only allows for honor, gives me the spiritual and physical sensation that calms my anxiety about why I am in existence. I am here to experience the senses of my being. To know what best triggers their manifestations. For me being an honorable man is what gives me the best understanding for fulfilling my purpose in life. I hope I am not being too muddled here in trying to describe the key to living my life as best I know how. It all hinges on being a virtuous soul. When I am leading with honor and backing that up with determination and resolve, then I am strong in conviction and energy. How do I lead with honor? I start by being selfless and defending that position to whomever will question my intent, including myself at times. From selflessness all other virtuous principles will flow.

No comments: