Sunday, July 25, 2010

What my idealism means to me (#541)

It is fashionable these days to label oneself to particular movements. So I will also. I am an idealist. Now I know that there really is no organized movement of idealism but if I am to label myself something, idealist would be it. Of course being an idealist is a recipe for frustration in our world today. Seldom do outcomes reveal themselves as being ideal in the true sense of the word. This does not bother me however, since I am only striving to obtain idealistic realities. I know that compromise in ideals are necessary in moving anything forward and I accept that present logic. I will continue to work for ideal outcomes despite slow progress moving forward. I like the term idealist because it encompasses all other labels. Which, by the way, I am also. I am not just one label. I am many different labels depending on the topic being discussed. Here are some general examples; in society I am more of an egalitarian progressive. In morality I am more of a quasi-conservative. Neither is a line in the sand but nonetheless, starting points. I feel much more clear and energized about my being an idealist in all things over an other type of label. Someday soon I will try to describe in words my view of existence. Until then though I am happy to know that I want the best for all of us all the time. Yeah, I know I am being unrealistic but I am not a realist per-se, I am an idealist who must conform to reality when that is the path available.

No comments: