Thursday, September 2, 2010

A helping hand (#580)

What a comfort it is to be at peace within oneself. It is as if nothing that happens around me can change how content I feel inside. It is what I needed to accomplish. How I have done this is with the understanding of my true nature, compassion and curiosity. I am not confused about who and what I am. From this point, I can now reach out beyond myself from a firm foundation that cannot be torn apart by the chaos and uncertainty of life outside my own skin. I am well served by the calmness in my life for it allows me to express my compassion and curiosity in ways, that not only benefit me as a giver but, to those who would receive the best intentioned gifts I have to offer. I truly can be a helping hand to those who would gladly receive. I find that this is the greatest form of interaction I can achieve. I am also sufficiently humble to accept gifts from others when they offer me the same courtesy. The power of the mind and heart working in conjunction is a higher calling all of us may attain. I could not do this however, until I found myself first. I was not angry like I acted at times, I was confused. It took a long road for me to find out that the little boy inside me, who saw only the good in life, never left. He was just waiting for me to come back from my long journey I needed to take in order to find my perspective. I needed to realize through success and failure just how unimportant fantasies really are so that I could appreciate the reality of who I am and what I do best.

No comments: