Sunday, September 5, 2010

My imagination (#583)

I often find myself unable to say things because of conventional wisdom, law, custom and moray deem where, why, when, to whom, what and how I may say things, inappropriate. This is fine with me because when we have boundaries and guidelines for appropriate speech, we are all able to communicate in a civil and understandable way. But in my mind, through my imagination and freedom to think anything, the creative thoughts are abundant. I don't need to make sense of anything when I am free-associating. It is sometimes like a cartoon with no plot or reasoning. I had always hoped that somehow a process for recording my own imaginative thoughts to a video would be possible. Talk about cheap entertainment! lol. It is my escape from reality. I get to run in the land of my imagination to help me find what I like about myself and others. I have a real good "forgetter", and as such, I need to be reminded occasionally so that I don't fall into to the peaks and valleys of mood swings. My imagination serves as a form of therapy to help keep myself grounded. Seems illogical, but being creative balances out my logical side. It makes me more human and in touch with life in a way that reminds me to feel what sensations are interacting inside me. My imagination gives me a place to allow the crazy and confusing within me, a home to find purpose and fun.

No comments: