Sunday, September 12, 2010

Why do I write this blog everyday? (#590)

There are several reasons. One reason was that when I first started I would get into practice of putting something down in print everyday. I figured that if I got into the habit of writing everyday it would suit my purpose to eventually write a book. I was forcing myself to learn the consistency needed to start and finish. Another reason and probably more important to me personally is the need to say what was inside of me. I do not get many opportunities, on a daily basis, to speak my mind and my heart. I am at an age and an education level where what I have to say is honest and logical. A lot of it is still opinion but it is my opinion, which is no less wrong than right. Maybe even more right than wrong. I will leave that to the readers who happen to come upon my thoughts in print. I have given a couple of reasons why I write, but why do I write everyday? For one thing the 24 hour cycle seems to allow me the necessary time to have something new and different to write about. Why everyday? Now that is harder to answer. I guess it is because it has become habit to do so. I have said this before and now I will say it again, writing gives each day that I live some new perspective about it. Each day holds a purpose and significance. I get to be a thinking and thoughtful person every time I sit down at this laptop keyboard and screen. I get to be someone who discovers that something inside me needs or desires expression. I have days where the topic is general and superficial to a degree, and other days where the topic comes directly from my core with painful or delightful conviction. I find comfort in that I have this outlet to express.

No comments: