Friday, October 8, 2010

The excitement of every day (#616)

I feel fortunate that every day I wake up and sit down with my coffee, I realize how happy I feel to be facing a new day. I get another chance to experience what is best about being human. The small, but significant excitement is within me and pushes the smile upon my face. Each day I get to start out this way. From then on it is up to me to keep it that way. Certainly, forces beyond me have influence in how my day goes but it is eventually up to me how I react to those things beyond my control. It is difficult throughout the day to keep my own thoughts in perspective let alone having to deal with the thoughts and actions expressed by others. However, nothing I, nor anyone else or the Universe does has any control over how I react. That is all mine and I get to choose. It has been difficult maturing to a position where I know none of what happens in this world is about me. It is about all things in the Universe, so I don't take much of anything personal. That is very important for me in that life is just life happening. I get to be a part of it all, good, bad and everything in between. Never do I want for any bad to happen, but it does. My focus is on what the good in my day may bring to action. I am forever an optimist concerning how things could be. It is because I know our natures are compassion and curiosity. What underlies our nature is a sense to care for one another and to wonder about our time and place here in the Universe. With foundations like these, I cannot help but to be hopefully optimistic. Thus, every day holds out the feeling of excitement for me.

No comments: