Monday, October 4, 2010

The exploration of our minds (#612)

This subject is one of possibilities. Never in my life have the decisions I make been so much a part of what I think. It is not only that, but my mind has been exploring the boundaries of accepted thought. There is an advantage and sense of security staying within the parameters of accepted thought, as one defines that, generally,  however, complacency is not a rationale I normally desire. I am the person who would never stop if I did not need to rest now and then. The causation of my need to think outside the box has to do with my age, getting a little wiser, and my desire to add something to reality before my time is up. Naturally, I don't wish to add anything that is incompetent or foolish, so the thinking continues. I have an advantage, somewhat, in that I have no ambition for myself. I only hope to be another cog in the wheel of seeing a better future for humanity and all life as we know and don't know it. What I have already learned and continue to learn helps me to stretch out premises and conclusions beyond their logic. In letting my imagination loose to free flow and recombine thoughts and images gives me a lot of chaos in my head but also occasionally allows me to see something in a different light. This little "game" going on inside my mind is how I am able to reinterpret simple and, occasionally, complex logical rationales into new formulations of reason. A wild style of brainstorming if you will. I am not clever enough to create new paradigms just through logic. I know and accept my limitations in this regard, however, knowing this, I am able to find a way to cleverly create despite my logical limitations. By continually exploring my mind I may, hopefully, accomplish a hope of mine.

No comments: