Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I should take the day off (#620)

I should but I am not. I am suffering from a terrible head cold that has me weak and feeble minded. Yeah, the head cold has me feeble minded. lol. Anyway, even when I am not well I still have something to say. I am constantly trying to find things that can make our society better. Recently, I have been in conversation with some individuals who have helped me to think of a possible equalizer for how our society treats newborns. It occurred to me that being born in America should offer a child a part of the country he/she is born into. By starting a baby birth fund that would give every child upon birth the right to one million dollars. This way every child starts out on an even footing with every other child. What they make of their birth wealth only time will tell. Of course certain safeguards need to be developed to insure the birth wealth of the child until maturity but a logical path for this schedule certainly could be devised. Equality has been on my mind for most of my life. I have always wondered why we haven't gotten to some system of equality since it is the proven method for beginning anything of value. I see the baby birth fund being funded through the natural resources of our country and then eventually through the funds that are left behind by those who do not wish to give their wealth to charity or spend all their wealth before they die. What is essence I am proposing is no inheritance to be passed down from generation to generation. All must build their own life out of the equal start I am proposing. There are many problems associated with my "solution" but they are problems that can actually be resolved once the baby birth fund concept is accepted. Anyway, I am not feeling well and this has been my topic for the day. Please excuse me if I did not offer anything worthy of your time.

No comments: