Monday, October 11, 2010

The practice of courtesy in my life (#619)

I am in an audition. I jokingly say this to describe how my thought process works. I am given many options to proceed with how I live my life. I know, first hand, many of these options since I have used them before. The audition part of what I am describing is how I should respond. For me, the first part of my life was used by me as a sort of trial run. I learned many lessons about how not to do things. lol. I also learned many things about how to do things and it is these things that I still carry with me. I have a good solid foundation to build on and build I am. If I had a thousand years I would still not have enough time to learn the things I want to learn now, let alone the things that keep cropping up in my life. I have so very little time left to gather as much knowledge while I am still alive. Keeping my mind open to all the new ideas and concepts that are continually being offered in new and varied forms, has me barely keeping even with current events. It is important to find a pathway that allows for the most learning possible in the most efficient amount of time. One very simple act of purpose on my part seems to have a tremendous amount of success. Being courteous. It is amazing how many problems would never arise if only the act of courtesy was employed by everyone. The depths of courtesy include, respect, humility and honor. The simple courteous act conveys all of these attributes. As I continue on the path of my life, turning over metaphorical stones so that I may know what is on the other side, I continue to find the best of what humanity is and how to use it to enlighten my life.

No comments: