Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Constantly evolving in an ever changing world (#802)

It would be remiss of me not to constantly be evaluating new information as to all subjects. A closed mind indicates an over-fed ego. Anyone who would let anyone else believe that they are the end to all ends on any subject, are just fooling themselves and some who would believe them. I am a proponent of the open mind and never really knowing everything about anything. Certainly I can be somewhat conclusive in some areas but, in my mind, never perfectly. Having this mindset of mine is just right for me since it allows me to handle hotly contested conversations and arguments with a sly sense of humor, since I understand that neither side is absolutely right. I get to have a Cheshire Cat sense of things which does meld into a humility for me. I am truly awestruck by the vastness of the universe and it's unbelievable intricacies. Nothing in this universe is static and for me to think that some thought I may have is a perfect answer or the only perfect answer is delusional on my part. I understand my niche in this existence. It is only to just exist. Now In that existence I can have a purpose and motivate myself toward that which, by the way, I do. I do not delude myself with fantastical thinking about how special I may be or how all of destiny is somehow wrapped around my existence. I am just another life who has the fortune to be born into a time where possibilities of thought and action are available. What happened before I became me, here in this time, or what will happen to me, after my time here, is all speculation. I prefer to face the challenges of this plane of existence and see what happens if another should be available. My best course of action is to be an educated human with a propensity to want to enjoy my life and help others enjoy theirs.

No comments: