Monday, April 18, 2011

I am my reality (#808)

Knowing that I am my reality is the beginning of knowing of who I am. I must start with me. Just as you must start with you. Nothing else should be considered. No outside force or expectation. I must look within me to see what is the driving force of my existence. My blog has as it's definition certain instincts I call the only true human instincts. Setting aside what I think for a moment about them, here is what I did to get to where I am. I thought about what matters to me. Love being the first thing that came to my mind. I feel such a connection to others through emotion. The love I was surrounded by with my family when I was young was a real positive force that gave me the experience to trust love and want to share it with others. Because of love, caring for others was just a logical extension. That is not the only thing I found when I looked into myself to see who I am. I also found an inquisitiveness. I had a hunger to know about the existence I am a part of. I still do and the same with love. Lastly, I looked and found that I was afraid of death and the misery associated with it. It is logical as a young child who sees life as a gift to fear having that gift taken away. I had to wrestle with and eventually defeat the fear of dying by actually accepting that it would eventually happen and is part of what it is to be alive. All of that to say that I found the will to survive. So much so that my instincts to protect myself came naturally. Survival, caring and curiosity. The three elements that make up me are the things I see when I look inside me. Now that I know who I am I can move on to being who I am and always feel secure in the fact that I have a solid foundation beneath me to base any and all thought and action on. Now, you may ask, what about the bad stuff I can see within myself? Just remember, we are all born innocent. When the good has been denied to have a place within us, the bad will fill the void. It is true of me and you as well. What I am referring to is our true nature, not one that exists by default.

No comments: