Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Have I forgotten how to live? (#809)

Resignation and acceptance, neither appeals to me anymore! It is inescapable that for a time I felt no motivation or impetus to follow through with my convictions about what I knew was wrong. Resignation and acceptance. Sadly so many of us are there. We have things to lose and the cost of gambling with those preciously perceived items is illogical. Or so many of us believed. The truth of the matter is similar to those who stand by waiting for someone else to do the hard and sometimes dirty work. Mostly it does not get done and then we realize that we have just lost a little bit more of who we are. Resignation and acceptance. I am recalling the time in my life when the rebel in me was all I was and the change that has taken place has nullified me as to the hollow man I really have become. No more resignation and acceptance. The trinkets and compromised standards I cherished of late are not what they appear to be. They are just an illusion of another greater illusion that had a status attached to it. I fell into the trap of deception where the important things of life were dismissed as inconsequential, to the fake things of life which were heralded on high. A bait and switch of reality took place and I fell for it. It is only when I began to look inward into who I am that I began to see the true reality from the fake one. Values have indestructible foundations. They are unchangeable as to genesis. Yet I found a way to distort the very thing I have always hungered for in order to feel at home in a place of illusion. As the blinders and fetters have been removed I am now allowed to participate in my own life on my own set of truths and principles. The illusion has been shattered and the reality of my life within the world as it really is has found me again.

No comments: