Thursday, April 14, 2011

I need to know more (#804)

I am smiling at myself over this title. I am like a persistent gnat that won't go away! Whatever it is within me, likely my natural spirit for living, is not allowing me to stop caring about knowing. I am not satisfied with attaining a place of comfort for the purpose of being still. I have too much energy in my mind to ever just stop and live in a static reality. I am not wired that way internally. I have to know things. I suppose I am fortunate in that way since I get to discover new ways of thinking and doing that I otherwise would have missed out on. I do love the fact that at least I understand that life is about experiences and not about just eating and breathing to survive. Perhaps we all are of this same natural spirit but somehow or someway we were diverted from the innocence of discovery by forces unkind. I tend to think so. Life is just too full of mystery and opportunity for learning, for anyone not to want to embrace their own personal curiosity. I write about these inner personal observations I have solely so that by my talking about them specifically, an open dialogue within others may occur. In other words, sometimes I can trigger thoughts in others they might have had a hard time putting into words themselves. A somewhat public service provider. lol. More so though I am working through my own confusion to get to a necessary point of clarity that helps me to define what I am struggling with. I know I need to know more and that my nature demands it from me but what I don't know is why others find that knowing more is a waste of time. Like they have reached a level of understanding that they wish not to move beyond. I do not let this perplex me instead I am thankful that I see what I need and do it. I will continue to advocate for curiosity and hope that my example will be of some use to any others.

No comments: