Saturday, April 30, 2011

What I tell myself (#820)

I am the only one who knows what I tell myself. My secret thoughts that never get out to the light of day. The things I say in public and in private are complexities that have been formed from the simple inner secret thoughts I hold. This is a fact, who I am in my secret world is who I truly am. I can polish myself up for public viewing and live with an illusion I present to the outside world. Most everyone does that. I have done that in the past and occasionally in the present as well. I have faults and I am working on correcting them. How say you? Are you in the same transformative state that I am working within as well? Or are your secret thoughts still the dominant feature as to who you really are? I am better than my secret thoughts and I will tell you why! When thoughts come to me that are not worthy of anyone else knowing, I disregard them. I do not mull over them or tell myself I am not worthy of life because rotten thoughts enter my head. I just let them go away much like temptation. If I abandon them on the spot and tell myself that these thoughts are not positive but negative, they go away. Certainly all of us have at times thoughts that are worthless or even harmful. The trick is to ignore them and replace them with an alternative thought that is more in line with positive principles. I am really in control of my being. I can accept some rationales that want to define me as only a vessel or I can move to a greater position and define myself by what I think I should be. This is the world I live in now, not the secret world where my thoughts are better hidden from view because I do not have the insight or courage to dismiss them and still think of myself as worthy.

No comments: