Monday, June 6, 2011

Hope and it's meaning (#857)

What is hope? I am alive and conscious about the world around me. I also think and sense with my mind and my body. Given that I do these things it is reasonable to assume that I have thoughts and sensations that are both reasonably expected and some that are not. It is these that are not reasonably expected that fall into the hope category for me. As I move along in existence my ability to understand and live within complexity grows. Because of that, I start to believe that some things out of the ordinary may happen. Certainly I am conscious of the possibilities being rare, however, my concept on that is that if it can happen then why not? Of course I am constantly aware that hope is a sought after dynamic with a small degree of probability. So the hope that I have for whatever event or outcome is always tempered with the rationale that it happening would be slightly less than miraculous. It is amazing though that with time and energy, mixed with knowledge and experience, the hope of some of my desires actually have a greater chance of happening. You have just gotten an insight into one of my motivations for living. the chance that a hope of mine may occur is worthy of my working at it with a zest for living. It is really simple for me, in that I must keep it that way, I must remain optimistic about my life or the alternative is unthinkable. So therefore, working toward making a hope come true is noble, honorable and an occupation worthy of my own doing. I do not hope for things that are less than honorable on all levels, which by the way is how I am wired, because being selfish or greedy does not sit at all with me. So hope is a paradigm of possibilities that if to come true would be wonderful and fulfilling to this one human being trying to find all the beauty that exists.

No comments: