Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just doing what is right (#879)

I don't need an ideology to do what is right. I don't necessarily need to have a belief system in anything, to know what is right. How do I know what is right? Is it positive? Does our world get better through the action? Can I smile in my heart and soul when done? These are good indicators. We all have the ability to know what is right because we all have been in a place where we hoped for something right to happen and seen it not happen, which gives us perspective. All of us have the inclination or intuition to understand the simple forms of right. That is enough! I cannot change the world all at once but I can keep doing the little right things that come up in my path. What that eventually will total, at the end of my time, is for others to measure. I am not keeping score but I am holding myself accountable to be involved in my life where it is needed and not holding back because of cultural, religious or civil restrictions. I have to do what is right in my life even if it causes me distress, otherwise, I am not the man I want to be nor would I be fulfilled in my psyche. Some values in this life are greater than others and knowing how to prioritize them is what I must continue to learn. Most of my opportunities to do what is right are consistently small efforts that produce little bits of satisfying outcomes. It is my place in time to do what I can and not be stuck in the mindset that I can only do right in large scenarios. That is for others and when I do what is in front of me I am doing my best to be the man I want to become. Humility plays a large role in my life today since when I was young I have had illusions of my own self worth. By doing the little things right in my life today, I am fulfilling my need to be a positive influence regardless of my want-to-be inflated ego desires.

No comments: