Thursday, June 16, 2011

Temporary emotion and permanent emotion (#867)

In the course of my life I have become aware of the difference between emotional feelings. I recognize that some are temporary, not unlike the exhilarations and despairs and the ones in between that are the peaks and valleys that we all experience in the ever moving world of our lives. Then there are the enduring emotions that have found root within me and like a determined will cannot be extinguished on their own. It is important , not only for me, but for everyone to understand this distinction. Until I did I could not make sense of my feelings and certainly did not have a clue as to how to "handle" them. Now the process is quite clear, I let my emotions come and go as they will and the ones that stay I appreciate, despite whether they are happy or painful. Like all things I learn in life, I am able to compartmentalize where necessary and move on into new experiences. The permanent emotions endure with me in my life, the best example is love and how deep that can effect the human experience. The temporary emotions of excitement and disappointment come and go with time, their remembrance of lesser importance. By knowing the difference, I gain that little bit of wisdom toward knowing myself and how I move forward into time and space. I kind of chuckle at myself sometimes, since I reflect myself out as a Car, instead of a as Carl. I see myself as a machine with feelings, my brain is my computer and my heart is my soul, an odd perception maybe but it does help me cope with the vast unknown of this existence. By distinguishing between the emotions that I have through logic I am better able to feel my life in a less chaotic way.

No comments: