Saturday, June 4, 2011

There is nothing new under the sun-Solomon (#855)

I have caught myself saying this phrase many times recently. I do not intend or pre-think it, it just comes to my mind. That, instinctive thought, is always a good indicator to me that it is a correct reaction to a common theme. However I do check the premise but it is usually dead on. I say all of this in preface of what we all struggle with, our deepest secrets. You know the one(s) that we pledge to ourselves that we will never reveal! Again, there is nothing new under the sun. Anything that I have ever done has already been done in some way, shape or form by many others. I am not unique when it comes to thoughts or acts that are embarrassing or guilt filled. The same goes for the ego, I might have done something I consider a formidable accomplishment. I find comfort in that saying of me not being rare or special. I find that accepting that I am just like everyone else and the difference in our different alikeness is in how hard I work at being the best me possible. Our human complexity when it comes to rationalizing our own destinies has many layers of enigmatic paradox's. We are simple yet we are complex. We are singular yet we are multiple. All at the same time. Yet as each of us fights our daily battle to find normalcy, we have underlying conflicts that force us to defensive postures. Everyday I fight the paradigm of maintaining my individualness within a society structured on community. How I grow in life is usually through trial and error and as such I leave myself open to interpretation by others when my errors are most unworthy. thus the need to hide mistakes and judgments that would otherwise be shameful or guilt ridden. this is not a new phenomena and although it is personal to me it is widely felt by every soul at some time in all of our lives. My point here is that we are all okay and even when our secrets have painful memories they do not exist alone. There really is nothing new under the sun.

No comments: