Friday, June 17, 2011

You don't know who we are (#868)

What we are not is worthless or irrelevant. What we are not is chained to that which we know is wrong. We have an indomitable spirit within us that when we recognize it and unleash it we are not anything other than our own free will. Our own free will. That statement is the liberty and freedom that countless generations have fought and died for since the beginning of the human being species. It is the most cherished thought of who we are and what we can do in our lives. Each of us has the inate fire within us to burgeon our own destiny. Conventional ways of society and culture have us restricted in many areas but that is our choice to accept. It may be that the comfort arrived at, that which calculates security, is enough. I, at times, also allow the comfort of security to drive my actions, however, not to the point of abdicating my free will to others for the purpose of obtaining the illusion or false sense of security others would try to offer. My free will has a demand that I cannot deny, it needs it's ability to express and live on it's own terms. Just as that is true so is the logic and common sense of my appropriateness in controlling my own free will. It is unique to me and as such will reflect what I present it as. Letting my free will run on it's own without direction is wrong but so is to live in a society with little to no free will is also unthinkable and I will not tolerate that. Such is my will. When I see others who have to live in countries whose societies deny free will on levels of fundamental expression, I begin to well up with conviction and determination to disagree and pay a price necessary to help expose and possibly stop it. I am only one who has chosen to use his free will to defend and obtain others' rights to their free will, but one is a start and I know I am not alone.

No comments: