Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How long will you remain silent? (#978)

All of us at some time in our lives have to cross the line between inaction and action. We measure what the cost/benefit will be and put ourselves into the control of others. When I decide it is time to make a stand, just how much have I already given up before I do? Everything appears to be a strategy, with everyone waiting for the other person to make the first move. There is still some of that in my life but not as much as before. Today I have certain principles that I live by. One of them is living in the truth. I don't allow myself much wiggle room when I know the truth of a matter and I know the next action I must take. It isn't about a strategy for me it is about standing on the right side of honor. I know dishonor and cowardice, I have crept away from the courage it takes to stand before and I do not like how it made me feel. As hard as it is to stand and be accountable for the truth it is even harder to run from the truth out of fear. We are all human and come to a point in our lives when we must stop running and stand. The price for life in a world of fear is too costly to pay when it comes at the expense of our dignity and respect. It is the face of silence that will destroy our souls when making the noise of truth is expected and right. Everyone feels fear but those who stand despite fear get to feel courage instead. It is a choice of being free to determine our own principles for our living and having the conviction to stand for that freedom of choice. Death is sometimes a possibility when choices are made, that is why it is so hard for many to stand up and be accountable to high ideals. Yet, it is because of high ideals that I find the courage to be the man who will stand up and be reckoned with. It is in our natures to survive but it is also in our natures to reason and analyze logically what that survival actually means. Some things are too great to be silent about.

No comments: