Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sovereignty as a belief (#1005)

In my own mind I have a sense that there is a dominion force to the Universe. How I choose to define dominion is clearly the question. Even chaos can be dominion, although I tend to think of a force that is less chaotic and more systematic. Now, I want to also be clear about belief systems, I neither disagree or agree with them. I am neutral. The reason being is that both the acceptance of a belief system and the non-acceptance of a belief system appear to have merit unto themselves in different ways. I am just more wary in my thinking and need an empirical evidence approach with an intuitive component. Nothing yet has captured me other than I don't know. However, not knowing is only a reference point and not a destination. So forward I go into the unknown, weighing factors and discovering more curious concepts. What I can glean from my limited observations is the understanding that I live in an existence where a mostly static relationship with my environs is reality. Although chaos does play a part in it it does not dominate my observations. What does dominate my observations is my own abilities, the five senses, and the structure and beauty of existence. To me, that is enough to allow me to intuitively understand that a sovereign does or did have a hand in what I am able to perceive and logically rationalize. I cannot claim to identify the sovereign but I can acknowledge that it is possible and even maybe probable that a sovereign exists. There is another bit of "evidence" I feel should be considered. I know that I am not the sovereign and therefore I am just a part of the whole and not outside the making or existence of the Universe. I have in no way shown that a sovereign exists or existed. But what I have learned for myself, outside of belief systems, is that something greater than all of us has the possibility to exist and that comforts me for the moment. Knowing that I have more to learn and understand keeps me in a humble manner which, through my experience, can only be a positive outcome.

No comments: