Friday, November 4, 2011

The simplicity of honest ambition (#1008)

I have this one totally figured out. Never have I felt more like me and confident in my actions than when I am doing an honorable and/or noble venture. All of me comes out, my funny side, my compassion and my wit. If it is this way with me I am assured that others experience the same natural state. This should be an eye-opener for all of us. We are at our best and most complicated selves when we strive to do an honest ambition. It is when we do dishonest actions that we hide ourselves and our actions from others to see and know about. It is sad that being dishonest has been given an avenue of travel because of little to no other opportunities. Even when there are other opportunities, traveling the dishonest route seems more appealing. There is a price that is paid for being dishonest, and it starts with the loss of our self. Again, I am the most brilliant me when I am doing honorable actions. When I am not, I am a shell of the man I could be. For me, the trade-off is not worth the dishonest intention. Most of us have dishonest thoughts and do dishonest actions because of some perceived gain. But what I have found out is that the perceived gain, no matter how satisfying, cannot replace the loss of myself to me and to others. I am the greatest gift I have to share with the world, not some material or accolade based on dishonest achievement. The simplicity of honest ambition is just the start of what the ideal outcome will reward me with; my integrity and humility. It has taken me many years to understand a great purpose for myself and by extension, others. We all have the same commonalities, the same hopes and the same opportunity to choose. It is really all that simple.

No comments: