Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We are all accountable (#1027)

No one gets a free pass here. We all need to do more than just look after ourselves. In this really hard economic time it seems futile to ask each of us to do more than keep ourselves afloat. However, it is what is needed and that makes it necessary for it to happen. I myself have already looked at my present and have figured out some ways I can go out beyond my own needs and be helpful to others who have things worse. All of us need to stop and reflect on what we can do for those who are in a bad way. No excuses or blame, just what can each of us do. I know for me and many others I have heard, helping others is a great remedy for what ails us. It all starts with the will to do something other than complain or shut down. There have been better times in our country but not so much better that need was not still prevalent and necessary. We have not yet evolved as a society of ambitious selfless souls, who see need and immediately assuage it. Yet we are capable of such honorable and noble actions. Our intentions at times are indicative of how deep our compassion runs for our species, so the real possibility of us becoming the benevolent souls we have within us is attainable, but only if we are accountable. We must each take upon ourselves the mantle of leading by example. Certainly whatever we can do when we can is the way to start, but start we must if we are ever going to live up to our species' potential. it starts here right now with me writing this post about what we must all do. Where it goes from here is up to everyone or anyone who reads this. I have nothing to gain from this personally, my life is at the backside of it's living. There is no grand payoff for me, however for our species there is and that my friends is what I want most in the world.

No comments: