Wednesday, December 14, 2011

For love or money (#1048)

I'm a guy who finds it hard to distinguish between the two. For me it is simply not fair for me to love someone and try to build a life when I cannot give her the life I would want her to have. That's where the money part comes in. Now I know there is something not right about how I think but experience has taught me the golden rule of most relationships, no money no honey. lol. Love should really conquer all and I know some who have relationships like that. I am totally envious in a wishful way. However, for me, it is simply a hard concept to overcome given all my previous relationships. Oh well, I am trying to analyze how to change or break out from this conflict I have within myself. It is not easy to have love for someone and know that without a certain level of monetary income the likelihood of building a solid relationship is insurmountable. The same dilemma exists when I have had a decent income, could I ever trust that the relationship was built on love and not on the money? Such are my whirling thoughts this morning. One of the truly great gifts in life is finding someone who wants to share your life with you and you wanting to share your life with them. I know this because because of the relationships I have had in the past that I single-handedly screwed up myself. It seems that when we were young, our futures were ahead of us and hopes still sprang eternal. Now, the idea that what I am will change much more than it has already is remote, which leaves me with my current dilemma. I guess I will just have to keep trusting that as time has gone on for me it has gone on for someone else who may still want to share a life with someone whose monetary achievements are less and his love is more. Still eternally hopeful!

No comments: