Monday, December 12, 2011

My inner strength is in my hope (#1046)

We all have dreams and desires, no question about that. Most of the time we are taught, through actions, that our dreams and desires are out of our reach. Of course little dreams and desires are more available but not the big ones. The big dreams and desires are rarely achieved and if they are it is truly amazing. At least in how I look at dreams and desires. For most of my life I have always had to settle for less than the best of what I would like to have achieved. I have settled into a dynamic that accepts modified dreams and compromised desires. I have a sense of being let down by life and that is why I mostly just try to rationalize that some things were never meant to be no matter how much I wanted them. Yet, despite my relativistic fatalism, I still deep down within me hold out hope for the best of my dreams and desires to come true. In my heart of hearts, where all my truth exists, I have a simmering fire that will not allow an extinguishing of what I want despite all evidence of it not occurring. Surely this is a classic case of denial and I admit that. However, there are no consequences to me holding out hope so why not? My reality may paint a mediocre picture but my dreams and desires that still reside within me do not. What goes on within me is who I am, not in the observable world but within the spirit and soul of my being. It is graphic to me in another dimension, my actual sleeping dreams. I can do most anything and my hopes within me take on a life that is alternative to my conscious life. If my dreams and desires can exist inside my sleeping dreams then there does still exist a possibility for them to exist in my conscious life. At least that is my theory of course. lol.

No comments: