Monday, December 5, 2011

Natural rights versus survival of the fittest (#1039)

If we are constantly worried about how we will survive day to day it is hard for us to learn to know who we are and how life could be. I sometimes think it is a strategy on the part of some who wield significant power to keep the majority of us unbalanced and struggling to survive so that we won't confront the absurdity within our society. If we are afraid of retribution then we are being coerced. I know it is just my opinion but regardless my sense of it feels real in my life. I do not like that if I don't conform to illogical ideas outside my own logical ideas I will have to pay for it by being punished in ways that are not devoid of ulterior motives. Being sanctioned in ways that stunt complaint and expressions of grievance. Whether we want to admit it or not, we are all interconnected now. There is nowhere anyone, without the financial means, can go to not have to place themselves and their futures into the hands of those who are not influenced by our agendas but by their own agendas. Life, before a more modern society was less safe and harder to survive in so there has been some progress. However, with that progress we have allowed ourselves to be corralled by fear of losing out within this closed system. It is like we have to sell a piece of our soul on a continuing basis just to maintain what little we have. Is it worth it? Hell no, but we do it just the same. Fear, my friends has captured our thinking, unfortunately, we now see our future by not what we can grow towards but by how we don't lose what we have. Is this just the price we have to pay for future generations to overcome and grow from? I don't see the point when we have the capacity and know how to do this ourselves. We can create a society based upon natural rights to survive and not upon survival of the fittest. This great battle of wills is being played out and until it is won by those of us who promote natural rights, fear will play a growing everyday occurrence in our lives.

No comments: