Sunday, December 11, 2011

No time for fair weather friends (#1045)

I have more respect for those people who find a way to stand on good principles regardless if I find those principles less good than mine, over those who say they have good principles but do not show those good principles in times that try them. Principled people are keepers when it comes to having friends. Now if a person is principled in dishonest or illogical theories then I will make my case to them and if they still cannot understand that their idea of logic is false then I let them go and move on with others who do generally see what I see. I am not the arbiter of objectivity and I cannot spend all my time with those who will not accept generally accepted concepts as a rule. I bring this up because there are more than enough people who like to debate with me, yet offer no alternative, about my vision for a society designed around my idea of the nature of humanity. I care about life and I wonder about all the things in the Universe. Very simple foundation for me and from that, all of my principles for living evolve. Life is not a competition, on the contrary, it is a sensory experience that we all can and should take part in. We don't need a system for living that has a lesser motive for our participation. I will not judge the intent and worthiness of anyone else's soul based upon artificial factors, especially when those artificial factors are gamed in favor of some subsets of humans over others. Life is real, raw and emotional and to strategically envelope our lives in a statistical form with a cost benefit/attached is the same as using a template of square holes and trying to fit everyone into them. We are not the best of who we are when we accept the many and discard the few nor vice/versa. We are however the best when we look at the most fragile as our greatest duty to society. Life is not a macro-micro/economic formula, it is a combination of humans who want for others the same as they want for themselves.

No comments: