Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sharing the secrets of life (#1047)

There is no great mystery about life or death that any of us knows. We are all just living in a place where we have grown up in. The earth and the Universe around it are pretty static for us. What we have here is where we live our lives. We are born, live and then die. Simple enough yet all that living in-between is what is confusing. For some reason or other, no one can definitively reverse our history to a reason or purpose for us being here. Science and theology/philosophy try different variations on theories, however no one of them is conclusive. We get to choose which belief system or non-belief system we deem is right for us. But even then questions still abound as to what and how we should live our lives. Again, no one knows for certain, outside of just believing what we faithfully hope for. Personally, I bypass the whole needing a belief system paradigm and just go straight to living in the moment with the most principled thoughts and actions I can muster. I often fail at this but not out of some ulterior motive. My intent is for the virtue of high honorable principles. It is just that in my own particular brand of humanness, I manage to screw things up unintentionally. lol. But persevere I do and that to me is the secret of life, do my best and when I don't do my best, try again until I do. A simple purpose with huge ramifications for me. I fulfill my need to be a good person, which is a great need within my psyche, and I get to show that not giving up is a way of life, not just an exception to the rule. The concept of time had always bothered me since I knew that death was at the end of my life, but now time is irrelevant for me since I am just doing what I can control and letting those things I can't control dictate their own course.

No comments: