Sunday, March 4, 2012

Simmering determinism beneath my despair (#1129)

Two emotions colliding in one space. Within me is the dark despair of helplessness to change reality on the ground where this reality is horrific. Alongside this despair is a determinism that is simmering in effect because I know that the reality is horrifically wrong and I so desperately want to change it. With no outlet to change anything I can only write about it to express my feelings. The disappointment I feel in our species in times like this can only be measured by the inverse outrage I feel. The outrage is steely within me. I am specifically referencing bloodshed perpetrated on people who are only trying to find the same liberty and freedom that I have. This dilemma that is somehow irreconcilable through a logical or even common sense process has me stymied in that our species has established rules for interaction that at times prohibit intervention where human rights are blatantly being abrogated. Our society is a failure in this regard and any serious discussion about this failure has been at best elusive. Natural rights should always trump national rights. The absurdity that is our current policy when national rights trump natural rights is the bane of our existence. It also displays our immaturity as a species to govern in an existence where we are, apparently to this point, the sole sovereign. Again, the disgust I feel is real and at some point I will need to vent it from the bottom of my lungs out into space as loudly as I can to release the ill this reality has attempted to infect me with. Ashamed I am that our little biological/psychological presence has come up so short in the maturation of thought and action when it comes to violating each others natural rights with impunity.

No comments: