Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The perpetuity of hope (#1230)

The reason hope exists, is for us to have a concept for changing what is into what could be. If things were perfect for all of us hope would be unnecessary. However, few things here in existence are perfect, therefore hope is an absolute necessity. In fact even more than a necessity, a requirement. I have been on so many sides of hope in my life, anguish over actions that have befallen me and others that have torn hope from my chest with violent upheaval, but I have also had hope flow into me with a sublime moment of happenstance that made me feel that the perfect can exist. I am constantly living within these two extremes and most of my experiences are either dashed hopes or a glimmer of possible hopes. I resign to myself the fact that few of my hopes will ever come into being, yet I continue to keep the vigil for them regardless. Possibly a character trait I have allowed myself but I know I can survive disappointment so why not keep hoping for the best. It hasn't destroyed me yet not having my hopes come into fruition. I get to choose which outlook I want for me, and remaining optimistic has served me well and much better than being cynical and pessimistic. Yes, I have lived in the world of cynicism and pessimism. Such a constant, hopeless and discouraging frame of mind. My frame of mind belongs to me and no one else and as such I shall choose which frame of mind to guide the rest of my life with. I am the final arbiter of what I think our world could be, and with actions, I continue to hope for that thought of mine to exist for the remainder of my life.

No comments: