Monday, June 4, 2012

The struggle toward Enlightenment (#1221)

What is it within me that strives to want our species to be the best of what is possible? I know it comes from my optimism but what is it that forms my thinking? I will try to flesh it out here and now. All of my motivation stems from my will or need to survive, but my survival instinct is not enough to make me want the best for all of us. Something else is in play. For me, my curiosity about life and our environment is key. That I want to know all that I can relative to what piques my interest is somehow related but still not enough to explain why I want something greater than what we already have. My care for the things I know in existence speaks to me in a way that highlights the possible. I care for others and things as much as I care for myself. I realize that I am just one among many who has the same concepts and attachments that make me feel responsible for bettering our world. I can only imagine this impetus toward a better and best world comes from all of my being. My survival instinct, my curiosity about all of existence and my caring compassion for our species and other species' as well. There is no "only one place" where my optimism for life dwells, it is instilled in every fiber of my DNA. As such, I am left with only one true option for feeding my optimistic appetite, to explore the Universe of ideas and knowledge for the most knowable enlightenment. To do this I must become aware of the logical distinctions between facts and opinions/theories and openly objective truths about all questions concerning all matters. I cannot rest in the thinking sphere when so much is yet to be learned and known. It is who I am and me being me is what I do best.  

No comments: