Monday, June 11, 2012

What do you want from life? (#1228)

We are born into this existence with rules in place that affect what we do with our lives. Some of us are born into societies that allow us greater freedom and information and others are born into varying degrees of lesser freedoms and information gathering. However, we are all just human beings, none any more or less important than anyone else. Yet our different societies inculcate us with ideas based in greed and selfishness that sway us from the truth of what life could be to an acceptance of an ideal of "me first". What I am getting at here is I only get to live this life as Carl one time. What do I want to do with my life? There are so many things I wish to do. For one thing I want to see as much of the planet Earth as possible. I want to experience the cultures of all the different people's we have here. I want to know more about knowledge as it has most accurately been recorded. I want to learn new discoveries as they relate to our species and the Universe we dwell in. I want to grow and maintain relationships with as many people as possible and even find an intimacy that fulfills my soul. I can do many things that have the simple pleasures of life at their core. Swimming in the ocean, hiking in the wilderness, exploring the caves below the Earth's surface. Riding a bike, learning to play a musical instrument or even gazing at the stars. I want to do as much as is curious in my life about the environment I live in and if possible maybe even leave the Earth for some short trip out into space. I want what many want and that some of us can do most of these things is a step in the right direction, again though, most of us cannot and more than half of our world just struggles to eat and survive the hostilities of the aforementioned greed and selfishness.

No comments: