Saturday, June 16, 2012

What my life could mean (#1233)

I have regrets and sorrows for the way my life has played out but there is still time for me to reconcile those regrets and sorrows by taking some action before my time as a living human being eventually comes to an end. We all have the time necessary to rectify our regrets. We cannot change the facts of them but we can do something to ease the sorrowful feeling we acquire when we make our mistakes. It does not matter what anyone else does, it is about what we do and the choices we make, every one of the choices we make. It takes little effort for a person to be able to admit they are wrong and to do something about it as soon as possible. How I feel inside me is the most important aspect in determining my happiness, if I have wronged then I need to right it in order to recapture any of happiness I had previous to the wrongdoing. I get to do these things for myself and no one else has that kind of control over me, only me. What is so strange now to me is that people actually just accept what the status quo is and don't realize that they can change the status quo by only changing what they choose to do. We are not limited in what can be real in our lives. We have the wherewithal within us to start from recognition and advance to a plan for making whatever is wrong in our lives, right. The sheer force of our will and a determined, virtue inspired, principled character is the right formula. Wherever we find ourselves when we realize we are wrong is where we start. It is never too late to want to change and actually change. From there all we have to do is aim our action toward what could be right in our lives and unleash our efforts upon that direction. The meaning of my life is to learn and grow toward those happy ideals I hold most dear.

2 comments:

Siouxlin said...

While I value your thoughts and feelings, I have a different opinion about inner motivation. I refer to

"The sheer force of our will and a determined, virtue inspired, principled character is the right formula. Wherever we find ourselves when we realize we are wrong is where we start.'

I believe that it is in turning inward to our "higher self" or inner consciousness, a higher power, if you will, that allows us to let go of "what out ego THINKS" and dropping into to our heart, of what we know is true. It is at that point that not with the "force of our will" but with sure inner knowing that we will CHOOSE the loving higher ground.

For me, it is the knowledge that we come into this world a whole, pure consciousness, and are connected to all and will make choices from that inner knowledge. We often lose this knowledge by being battered and misused as a growing human being, but when we've worked through these issues, we have the opportunity to uncover our loving higher self. Maybe this is what you mean by " virtue inspired, principled character." For me, it is not an "objective view, but a heart felt subjective view."

Man of Hope said...

Siouxlin, I do believe we are talking of the same thing just from a different perspective. I advocate for the best of what we are inside us, and it is true that you do as well. :)