Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A penny for your thoughts (#1334)

It used to be that a penny was a decent sum of money but not now. Anyway, it is the thought that counts. lol., Actually it is the thought that is important here, the thought that is being requested. It should matter that our thoughts are worth some recompense in that we spend our lifetimes refining them. Some in our world charge exorbitant sums for their thoughts on specific and complex issues and that may have some place in our society, however the good common sense advice and insight we hope to get with our daily problems has value as well. I tend to give my insight and advice away for free since I have concluded that I received it in an open society that generally supplied it for free. Now I have refined the information about me into a comprehensive train of thought, yet it is still just my thinking and not set into stone. I like to think of society as less a marketplace and more an environment of shared experience. I won't withhold information from someone I see can use it, as a lever to gain some type of advantage. Rather, I feel that everything I have worthy of transferring on to others, should be. I am in this existence, as a priority, to advance our species, not make some comfort for myself the end game. Certainly we all like to have as little discomfort as reasonably possible but the key here is "all" and "reasonably". For me it is obvious that as a finite entity, I will die in some due course, I should give value to maintaining that what should be shared and no value to keeping insight just for myself. I do not place a value on insight and perspective if it is not shared. So a penny for my thoughts does sound somewhat reasonable, especially since someone may actually give value to my thoughts. 

No comments: